Grandma Baum’s Ginger Drop Cakes
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup molasses
1 tablespoon melted butter
1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, ginger and baking soda.
2. In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, mix sour cream, brown sugar, molasses and egg until smooth. Add dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
3. Grease 8 4-ounce ramekins (or line a muffin tin with paper wrappers) and fill cups 2/3 of the way. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
4. Cool 5 minutes, then drizzle with butterscotch sauce and serve."
- Nicole Villeneuve of the wonderful Paper and Salt unearths L. Frank Baum's recipe for gingerbread cake with butterscotch sauce – story and sauce at the link. Fantastic addition to The Artists’ & Writers’ Cookbook and The Alice in Wonderland Cookbook. (via explore-blog)
(Source: , via explore-blog)